Welcome to the Terrain Park (known as Cat Cage) at Cataloochee Ski Area. Throughout the season we will feature both a Beginners Park (Turkey Trot) and Intermediate/Advanced Park (Richard’s Run). We will update this page daily through the season for the latest changes to our Terrain Park. See you there!
Cataloochee Terrain Park – Cat Cage
Terrain Park Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail look uphill and yield to other.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
SMART Style Learning
Make A Plan
Make a plan to each feature you want to use, every time you use Freestyle Terrain. Your speed, approach and take off will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
Look Before You Leap
Scope around the jumps first, not over them. Know your landings are clear and clear yourself out of the landing area.
Easy Style IT
Start small and work your way up.
Respect Gets Respect
From the lift line through the park.
The National Ski Areas Association and Burton Snowboards would like to welcome you to the “Park Smart” Terrain Park Safety initiative. Park Smart is the evolution of the original Smart Style program. A cooperative effort with the help of the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI) and National Ski Patrol (NSP) that emphasizes the proper use of terrain parks while delivering a unified message.