The National Ski Areas Association and Burton Snowboards would like to welcome you to the “Park Smart” Terrain Park Safety initiative. Park Smart is the evolution of the original Smart Style program. A cooperative effort with the help of the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI) and National Ski Patrol (NSP) that emphasizes the proper use of terrain parks while delivering a unified message.
SMART Style Learning
Look Before You Leap
Scope around the jumps first, not over them. Know your landings are clear and clear yourself out of the landing area.
Easy Style IT
Start small and work your way up.
Respect Gets Respect
From the lift line through the park.
Approach zone is space for setting your spped and stance to use the feature.
Take off zone is for making moves that start your trick
Maneuver Zone is for controlling your body in the air and setting up for landing.
Landing Zone is the slope between the knuckle and the run out beyond it
Terrain Park Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail look uphill and yield to other.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Kep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
- 10’ Double Bar Flat Rail
- 15’ TFT (Straight Round Rail)
- 8' flat box
- 8' flat box
Park is open on Upper Turkey! 4 features out with more to come!