Looking for A Fun J-1 Winter Job? Come Join Our Team!
About our program
J-1 Work and Travel programs are special visas designated by the United States government and oriented toward university level students who wish to gain cultural and work experience in the United States during their summer breaks in their home countries.
Each year at Cataloochee, we recruit dozens of J-1 employees from various countries such as Chile, Peru, Brazil, Argentina Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay and Costa Rica to carry out lift operations and ski/snowboard instructors, rental technicians, guest services and kitchen/cleaning roles. Through our J-1 employment program, these students have the opportunity to gain firsthand work experience in the United States as well as travel, explore, and familiarize themselves with regional culture.
To be eligible for a J-1 visa and employment at Cataloochee, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a university student in your home country
- Have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of the English language
- Be between 18 and 27 years of age
- Be willing to live and work outside of your home country for at least three months (December 1st – March 15th)
- Company housing
- Ski pass
- Lessons and rentals equipment
Obtaining your J-1 visa
If you are interested in working at Cataloochee Ski Area through our J-1 employment program, please follow the link below to our partner agency to begin your application process.
For additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.