2017 Cataloochee Ski & Snowboard Swap Shop
Saturday, December 2
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, December 3
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
EQUIPMENT DROP OFF
Friday, December 1
3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, December 2
7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
The Cataloochee Ski & Snowboard Swap Shop is a fund-raising event for the benefit of the Cataloochee Ski Patrol (CSP). CSP will retain a 25% commission on each item sold. If you would like to donate all proceeds from the sale of your items, please let us know at check-in.
- All items must be related to winter skiing and snowboarding and be in good, clean and serviceable condition.
- Please put clothing on plastic hangers. See below for additional information regarding the “condition” of equipment and clothing acceptable for sale.
- The minimum price on any item is $1.00. All items must be priced in even dollar amounts (no cents), and all items must have the provided sale tag attached to them.
- All unsold items must be picked up on or before Sunday, December 3, at 2:15 pm. All items not picked up by that time will be considered a donation to the Cataloochee Ski Patrol and disposed of in a manner best benefiting the patrol’s interest.
- CSP will make every reasonable effort to make sure all items are secure. However, CSP will not be responsible for items lost, damaged, or stolen.
- The Cataloochee Ski Patrol is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
All donations are tax-deductible.
Condition of equipment and clothing:
- Skis & Snowboards: No equipment that is bent, delaminated, broken or has missing edge segments will be accepted.
- No straight skis: This generally means nothing produced before 1998 or over 200 cm in length, with the exception of Nordic touring skis.
- Bindings: Should be fully functional, conforming to current DIN/ISO standards for releasable & non-releasable (tele, nordic & snowboard) bindings, with no missing or damaged parts.
- Boots: Should conform to current DIN/ISO standards for sole dimensions (must not be excessively worn). Buckle/lace systems should be entirely operational.
- Clothing and Accessories: Should be in serviceable condition, with no broken zippers, tears, blown seams, missing closures, cracked lenses, etc.
The CSP Swap Management Team will have sole authority to determine whether items are acceptable for the sale.